Updated September 9, 2022
- Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects ('flash cookies') and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users' actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on Nominus.com for the following purposes:
- For authentication, for maintaining your preferences, and preventing you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided
- For keeping you logged into the site
- For displaying advertisements relevant to you
- For maintaining your items in a shopping cart
- For analyzing and tracking your usage of our site
- Information collected
In certain circumstances we may also collect personal information about you but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an online form), where you purchase goods or services from us, or with your consent.
- Third-party cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies or other similar technologies on Nominus.com. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies and similar technologies they set on our site, and Nominus shall not be liable or otherwise responsible for such cookies. Such cookies include the following:.
Analytics cookies. Nominus.com uses Google Analytics and other analytics software to collect information about how visitors use the website. The cookies used by these products collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may combine anonymous cookie data with Personal Information you have provided to us.
If you want further information regarding third party cookies please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies and similar technologies used on this website
- We use two types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies. These remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits our website. This kind of cookie allows us to, for example, keep your language preferences, so you don’t need to select your language each time you visit the website.
- Session cookies. These are temporary. They allow us to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- The cookies we use have four main functions and can be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary. These cookies are strictly necessary for our website to function. Without them, basic functionality like the shopping cart will not work. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Accepting these technologies is a condition of using our site and services. If you prevent these from loading we cannot warrant that our website will function, or that your visit will be secure.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect data for statistical purposes on how visitors use our website. They don’t contain personal information such as your name or email addresses, and are used to improve your user experience. For example, these cookies are used to collect data regarding the number of visits, visitors, and pages clicked on our website. We use this information to improve our services.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow users to customize how our website looks for them, and can be used to remember usernames, language, and currency preferences. We use these cookies to improve your user experience.
- Advertising and targeting cookies. These are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement. These are used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks, and allow us to improve the relevancy of the content delivered to our users
- How to turn off cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result. You agree that Nominus shall have no liability for your inability to access or use any such functionality
For further general information on cookies visit aboutcookies.org.