- Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects ('flash cookies') and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users' actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on Nominus.com for the following purposes:
- For authentication, for maintaining your preferences and preventing you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided
- For helping you determine if you are logged into the site
- For displaying the advertisement relevant to you
- Maintaining the status of your items in the shopping cart
- For analyzing and taking your usage of our site
- Information collected
In certain circumstances we may also collect personal information about you but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an online form) or where you purchase goods or services from us.
- Consent for cookies
- Third-party cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on Nominus.com. These cookies and third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please write to privacy@Nominus.com.
- Cookies and similar technologies used on this website
- We use two types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies: they remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits our website. For example this kind of cookie allows us to keep your language preferences, so you don’t need to select your language each time you visit the website.
- Session cookies: they are temporary. They allow us to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- The cookies we use have four main functions and can be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary: some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary for our website to function. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services like shopping cart. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Accepting these technologies is a condition of using our site and services, if you prevent these from loading we can't guarantee your use or how the security therein will perform during your visit.
- Performance cookies: collect data for statistical purposes on how visitors use our website, they don’t contain personal information such as names and email addresses, and are used to improve your user experience. For example we collect data for the number of visits, visitors and pages clicked on our website, and then use the information to improve our services.
- Functionality cookies: allow users to customize how our website looks for them: these cookies can remember usernames, language and currency preferences, we use this information to improve your user experience.
- Advertising and targeting cookies: are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and can be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks so we can improve the relevancy of the content delivered to our users.
Nominus.com uses Google Analytics and other analytics software to collect information about how visitors use the website. The Cookies used by these products collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may combine anonymous cookie data with Personal Information you have provided to us.
- How to turn off cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit aboutcookies.org.