Trademark services agreement
Updated February 1, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS TRADEMARK SERVICES AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. By using the trademark services (the “Trademark Services”) made available by Nominus.com International Inc. (“Nominus”) via its website (the “Website”), you agree to the following provisions governing such use (the “Trademark Services Agreement”). The Trademark Services Agreement is a binding legal contract entered into by you and Nominus. Both you and Nominus may be referred to herein individually as a “Party”, and collectively as the “Parties”. You may be referred to herein as the “User” and “Client”.
- THE SERVICE.
- Scope of Services. Nominus DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL COUNSEL. Nominus provides a web portal for domain name services, trademark services, and internet software systems. Nominus aims to give visitors a general understanding of the law, and provides access to public information and non-legal services. Nominus’s services include reviewing the User’s information for completeness, spelling errors, and for internal consistency of names, addresses, and other User entered information. Nominus also provides services aimed at assisting clients in the administration of certificates. Nominus is NOT a law firm and cannot and does not provide legal services or legal advice. In any instance where you need legal services, Nominus will provide you with the information of third-party licensed attorneys (each an “Attorney”). Nominus is a directory service and does not provide legal referral services.
Nominus’s sole involvement with respect to your retaining an Attorney is as a directory service. Nominus shall not influence or interfere in with an Attorney’s independent judgment. As between Nominus and any Attorney, the Attorney shall have sole discretion with respect to the handling of User’s legal matters. You warrant and agree that you will submit to the Website only materials reasonably necessary for registration of any trademark or service mark. You understand and agree that any other materials submitted to the Website shall not be treated as confidential or proprietary or otherwise considered information protected by attorney-client privilege.
With respect to non-legal services, or services provided in jurisdictions where the use of a licensed attorney is not a requirement, Nominus may connect you with a trademark specialist rather than a licensed attorney.
You shall have no claim of liability against Nominus with respect to any such services and/or advice, and hereby acknowledge and agree that Nominus is and shall not be responsible for the acts or omissions of said third-party.
- Conflicts Check and Refund of Fees. Should any conflict of interest arise with respect to your representation by a third-party Attorney, then Attorney, at their sole discretion, may terminate the relationship between you and Attorney, you shall receive a refund of any fees pre-paid for services.
- Account Management. Nominus shall assign to you an account manager. Said account managers shall be employees and/or third-party contractors of Nominus, and may provide you with information regarding the trademark registration process, requirements, status updates, and other general support. Account managers do not provide legal advice or provide legal services. As trademark information is considered public information, you understand that Nominus having access to such information and communicating it to you is not a violation of attorney-client privilege.
- Trademark Services. “Trademark Services” shall mean those trademark search and registration services made available or otherwise made known via Nominus’s Website.
- Additional Documents. You agree to provide and/or execute any additional documentation required for the successful completion of the Trademark Services, including but not limited to any required powers of attorney. You agree to provide duly executed, notarized, legalized originals, and/or translations as required and at your own expense.
- Additional Fees. In some countries and jurisdictions, additional payment is required to order a Comprehensive Study in local, non-Latin characters. Moreover, additional payment may be required to obtain a trademark registration certificate. Nominus will notify you if such payment is required. To obtain a trademark registration certificate, even if you elect to pay such fees in advance, an additional payment may be required due to changes in such fees beyond the control of Nominus or due to variances in the exchange rate, between the date of payment and the date when the fees in local currency must be settled. If you do not pay any such additional payment within the specified time, the trademark registration may remain pending or may be considered abandoned by the trademark office due to no fault of Nominus.
- Certificate Hardcopies. Some trademark offices issue hardcopy certificates. In these cases, hardcopy certificates will be delivered to you by the method selected by you. If you elect to have a hardcopy certificate delivered by regular mail, it will be sent to you at no cost. However, Nominus will not be responsible for any delay or loss thereof. If you elect to have the hardcopy certificate delivered by private courier at your sole expense, Nominus shall guarantee delivery.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICE. Nominus has the right to refuse Trademark Services to anyone and to cancel any User’s access thereto for any reason and at any time without prior notice. Among other causes, Nominus may refuse to provide a Trademark Service at its sole discretion if an Attorney, trademark specialist, or Nominus itself has a conflict of interest with the User’s request. Also, Nominus has the right to discontinue availability of the Trademark Services, either temporarily or permanently, or as to any part thereof, without notice or liability of any kind.
- USER INFORMATION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Unsolicited Submissions. You understand that you shall not submit confidential or proprietary intellectual property through the Website, other than the materials necessary for the successful registration of the trademark. Nominus will promptly provide any proprietary materials to the Attorney or trademark specialist. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Nominus through or in association with the trademark registration process, by any participant in the process, shall be considered confidential and part of your attempt to register the trademark.
- Third-Party IP. Content made available to you via the Website that is not otherwise owned or controlled by Nominus shall be owned and controlled by their respective owners and/or licensees.
- License to User IP. You hereby grant to Nominus a limited license to process, copy, and otherwise handle your intellectual property to the extent necessary to perform any service requested by you.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- Disclaimer Regarding Attorneys. Nominus makes no representation or warranty as to the qualifications or competency of any Attorney, or as to the accuracy or completeness of any participating Attorney’s work. Participating Attorneys are independent third-parties solely responsible for the advice they give, the services they provide, and the representations about themselves they make.
YOU, THE USER, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Nominus SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED BY ANY ATTORNEY RETAINED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE Nominus SERVICES AND WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER Nominus MADE THAT PROFESSIONAL’S INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO YOU, AND ANY USE OR RELIANCE ON SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR THE OUTCOME THEREOF IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- No Backup of Records. You, the Client, understand that you are solely responsible for the creation, storage, and backup of your business records, any registrations, and activity data. This Trademark Services Agreement and any registration for or subsequent use of the website will not be construed as creating any responsibility on Nominus's part to store, maintain, backup, retain, or grant access to any information or data for any period.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. This Trademark Services Agreement shall be effective from the moment you first access the Trademark Services and shall continue in effect in perpetuity.
- Entire Agreement. This Trademark Services Agreement is the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes all proposals, all prior agreements, commitments, oral or written, and all negotiations, conversations or discussions between the Parties relating to this Trademark Services Agreement.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about our Trademark Services or anything under this Trademark Services Agreement or other Agreements with us, please contact us at the following email address or telephone number:
Phone: +1 (775) 242-8399
1000 Brickell Avenue
Suite #715 - 115
Miami, FL 33131